Responsible for performing installations and repairs (motors, starters, fuses, electrical power to machine etc.) for industrial equipment and machines in order to support the achievement of Wilson Hurds business goals and objectives.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Full-time position for 1st shift (10 hours daily) Monday thru Thursday
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES
• Lead Maintenance Technician with a heavy focus on creating, maintaining and repairing electronic components and equipment.
• Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain electrical apparatus on production machines and any other facility equipment (Screen Print, Punch Press, Steel Rule Die, Automated Machines, Turret, Laser Cutting Machines, etc).
• Provide electrical emergency/unscheduled diagnostics, repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled electrical maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Perform regular electrical preventative maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities
• Read and interpret electrical manuals and work orders to perform required electrical maintenance and service
• Use a variety of hand and power tolls, code, diagrams and testing in performing duties
• Follow all projects through from start to finish while maintaining safe maintenance principles
• On-time Performance
• Job Yield
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• No direct reporting responsibilities
• Requires a high school diploma/GED
• An AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus but not required
• Previous electrical and mechanical background required – hands-on experience in schematic and electrical, diagrams / illustrations.
• 5 years’ related experience in manufacturing job shop environment preferred.
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Superior organizational and prioritization skills
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong math skills needed
• Flexibility to meet changing requirements under challenging conditions
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Proven team player
• Driven and results oriented
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, overtime often required
• Self-directed multi-tasker
• Professional approach
• Positive attitude
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Live near or willing to commute to Berlin, WI