MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / FUNCTIONS:
• Set up, feed and operate screen presses efficiently referencing blueprints and job jackets, while maintaining high quality and performance standards.
• Check for ink coverage and density, alignment and registration.
• Production related trouble shooting.
• Inspect printed materials or other images to verify quality.
• Collect samples of materials or products for testing.
• Clean-up of equipment at job completion.
• Successfully cross train into other areas of the department, including prepress.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Setting up and running screen print operation.
• Reading prints and job travelers.
• Counting parts and inspection.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
• High school degree, GED, or equivalent.
• Additional Graphic Arts education a plus.
• Printing operation on plastics, aluminum or rigid substrates a plus but not a requisite.
• Machine operation a plus but not a requisite.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• No color deficiencies.
• Ability to read blueprints.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Dexterity and Arm-Hand Steadiness – ability to quickly move hands, arms, fingers to grasp, manipulate or assemble and the ability to keep hand and arm steady.
• Superb organization and prioritization.
• Coordination – adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
• Operation and Control – controlling operations of equipment or systems.
• Excellent physical condition and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Some computer knowledge.
• Good mechanical, math and reading abilities.
• Good eye for small detail.
• Ambitious, energetic, quality conscience.
• Driven and results oriented.
• Self-directed multi-tasker and works well under pressure.
• Professional approach.
• Team player – work with supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates in person.
• Exposure to contaminants or hazardous conditions with inks and chemicals.
• Personal Protective Equipment includes safety glasses, gloves and lab jackets.
• 100% standing position.
• Time pressure.
• Importance of being exact or accurate.